The Concept: ‘Crypto Blue Economy’.
The ‘ Crypto Blue Economy’ starts from a simple premise: to use the knowledge accumulated over millions of years by nature to achieve ever higher levels of efficiency, respecting the environment and creating wealth, and translate that logic of the ecosystem to the business world. The blue economy responds to people with what they need and in terms of happiness.
The Crypto Blue Economy is about ensuring that ecosystems maintain their evolutionary trajectory so that we can all benefit from nature’s inexhaustible flow of creativity, adaptation and abundance.
Koryntia aspires to contribute to the design of a new economic model capable not only of responding to everyone’s needs, but also of converting that artifice called “scarcity into sufficiency” and even abundance. The only excuse for what we do and how we do it is our ignorance of unintended consequences.
This concept is about adopting a new consciousness, something not so difficult if we are prepared to leave old habits behind and embrace new ones. It is a warning aimed at those of us who simply perceive that we are facing an opportunity too rare to miss. By beginning to understand and utilize the ingenuity, economy, and simplicity of nature, we can emulate the functionality intrinsic to ecosystem logic and achieve unattainable success.
The concept of blue economy was born from the “Nature’s 100 Best” project that conducted a comprehensive analysis of technologies inspired by nature or that function as ecosystems. These technologies were then evaluated by a team of business strategists, financial analysts, and law enforcement professionals. The criteria used were, among others, the state of development of the project, the amount of intellectual capital invested and the possibility of contributing to the achievement of the UN Millennium Development Goals. Likewise, the number of jobs to be created and the period of time in which mass markets could be reached were taken into account.
The blue economy starts from a simple premise: to use the knowledge accumulated over millions of years by nature to reach ever higher levels of efficiency, respecting the environment and creating wealth, and transferring that logic of the ecosystem to the business world.
The principles of the blue economy
•1 Solutions are mostly based on the laws of physics. The deciding factors are pressure and temperature, as they are on site.
• 2. Substitute “something” for “nothing” — For each resource, check if it is really essential for production.
• 3. In nature, nutrients, materials and energy are always reused — Garbage does not exist. Each side product is the basis for a new product.
• 4. Nature evolved from a few species to a rich biodiversity. Wealth means diversity. Industry standards are the opposite.
• 5. Nature gives rise to entrepreneurs who do more from less. Nature opposes monopolization.
• 6. The force of gravity is the main source of energy, the second renewable resource is solar energy.
• 7. Water is the main soluble (instead of complex, chemical and toxic catalysts).
• 8. Nature is subject to constant change. Innovations happen continuously.
• 9. Nature works only with what is available in the same place. The sustainable economy not only respects natural resources, but also culture and tradition. Nature is oriented towards basic needs and then evolves from mere satisfaction to overproduction. The present economic model is based on scarcity as the starting point for production and consumption.
• 10. Natural systems do not develop in linear processes.
• 11. In nature, everything is degradable — depending only on the weather.
• 12. In nature, everything is connected and develops in a symbiotic way.
• 13. In nature, water, air and soil are common goods, freely accessible and available in abundance. In nature, a process has multiple uses. Natural systems have risks.
• 14. Every risk is a motivator for innovations.
• 15. Nature is efficient. Therefore, the sustainable economy makes the most of available materials and energy, which lowers the price for the consumer.
• 16. Nature seeks the best possible for everyone involved.
• 17. In nature, disadvantages turn into advantages. Problems are opportunities.
• 18. Nature pursues the advantages of diversification. A natural innovation brings a multitude of benefits to everyone.
• 19. Respond to basic needs with what you have, develop nature-inspired innovations, create multiple benefits as well as employment and social capital, offer more with less: this is the Blue Economy.